Blue polka dot 1860's dress

Greetings all!

Today I finished off two of a kind blue polka dot 1860's dresses.
Quite a story behind this one. When I was first starting out on Etsy I had someone purchase a listing. They then decided to do a reverse payment so they had their money back and I was literally left holding the fabric. No reason given or anything. They had suddenly disappeared and left no forwarding address. I was quite upset over being ripped off for $50 and put the fabric away in the cedar chest as I had no idea what to do with it.

It hung around and sat in my cedar chest for years. Each time I saw it I had no idea what to do so back it went. Finally I saw some period photos of women wearing polka dot dresses and I decided to turn a negative into a positive.

I may have been out $50 but I had the fabric and two doll dresses done! One day I hope to sell them so they can go to someone who will enjoy them.

You can buy the dress here.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/189853605/two-of-a-kind-blue-polka-dot-civil-war

Until next time:  the ugly weather really needs to stop.  Anyone who can control the weather would make a fortune.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danbury Mint Titanic "Rose" doll: a review

My review of the Franklin Mint flying Rose doll

A League of Their Own costume Hallowe'en costume, Part One: Supplies and Notes