Vintage flair

I enjoy vintage things and styles.  Throw in antiques and you'll have me screaming hysterically.  That's why it was all the more fun to complete these dresses and petticoat.

My first two dresses are circa 1942 dresses.

This one I affectionately call "the bubble girl dress" because of the print.  I had origially wanted to use actual flour sacks from the era but couldn't find enough to make a dress.  Finding this reprint fabric was a lucky find.
This fabric was a lucky find.  I got the last three yards for $9.
Gone With the Wind has always been one of my favorite movies and I knew I had to have a petticoat.  For safety purposes I chose cotton instead of taffeta.  It took a full six yards of fabric to make this but it turned out great and is surprisingly lightweight.

And yes, the petticoat really is that red.  :D

I am also in ownership of an insane cat.  Really, this cat is insane!  He's the only cat I've ever had who will jump into my arms from the floor.  He's made quite the habit of it and I've gotten to the point I can scoop him right up when he jumps for me.

Currently in the making is Dorothy Gale's costume from The Wizard of Oz.  Another childhood favorite movie of mine.

Until next time:  Did you know the lady who played the Wicked Witch of the West was a school teacher?  Really!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danbury Mint Titanic "Rose" doll: a review

My review of the Franklin Mint flying Rose doll

A League of Their Own costume Hallowe'en costume, Part One: Supplies and Notes