A League of Their Own costume Hallowe'en costume, Part Two: Mockup

I promise I haven't forgotten about this one costume!  I've been busy between helping a friend out and small commission work on Etsy.  Yay.  Buuuuuuuuuut...between the heat wave and it meant that I didn't have a lot of time to work on my own personal work.  Not so yay.

This costume is meant for entertainment and educational purposes only.  I make no money off this costume.

You can read part one about notes, reference images, and supplies used here.  http://theedwardiangirl.blogspot.com/2017/05/a-league-of-their-own-costume-halloween.html

On the pattern I used by Designing Twining and Muffin Head Patterns https://www.etsy.com/shop/designingtwining?section_id=13948735  there are four inches of ease in the pattern pieces.  Because of this I looked up the measurements on the finished costume and cut out the pattern in that size.  This meant going down a size or two but the mock up fit very well.

I did do one big goof with this mock up in having the front panels mixed up.  In my mock up I have the front panel right over left when it should be left over right.

I'll also need to shorten the skirt as the pattern pieces go down to my knees.

Over all it's a rather comfortable pattern and easy to wear.

Front.  I need to flip the front panel.

 
Side view

 
Back view

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danbury Mint Titanic "Rose" doll: a review

My review of the Franklin Mint flying Rose doll

A League of Their Own costume Hallowe'en costume, Part One: Supplies and Notes