Ouchie.

This one entry will have a mention of blood and general yuckiness.  If that makes you uncomfortable you may want to skip reading this entry.

When at my sewing machine I like to be barefoot.  I don’t like using the foot pedal while wearing shoes.  I honestly prefer knee pedal but they don’t make those anymore.

I had my sewing scissors near me and Herman, being the cat that he is, jumped up on the table.  I backed up in the chair, picked him up, and he kicked which knocked my scissors over.  They landed in just the right away on my toe which cut it open.

The wound is just over a quarter of an inch long but it cut in pretty deeply and at an angle.  It also bled like mad so I’m literally cutting myself out of the band aids that I use.  Today the toe is purple and yucky looking from all the bruising.

It doesn’t really hurt unless I move my toes but still not fun.  I try to leave it exposed so it can “breathe” during the day and put a band aid on at night to protect it.  I also have a towel on the mattress in case it starts bleeding again.

Sometimes it’s odd just how such a small and harmless looking injury can indeed be so ugly and nasty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danbury Mint Titanic "Rose" doll: a review

My review of the Franklin Mint flying Rose doll

A League of Their Own costume Hallowe'en costume, Part Two: Mockup