Downton Abbey and Pride and Prejudice

The Downton Abbey dress was a commission piece that I finished this morning.

I've wanted to make Sybil's purple dress for a long time but never got around to it.  Finally, I was approached with a question of could I do this?  I was excited to have the chance to do this.  The client provided the materials and I provided the labor.

I really enjoyed putting this together.  The hand cramps from sewing on 74 buttons, I could've done without though.

I'm planning on making one for myself soon.  I have some red taffeta and red ribbon rosettes which would work nicely.
 
I also finished off my Jane Bennett ball gown from the 2005 Pride and Prejudice movie.  I originally wasn't really planning on making this one.  It was an accident really.  Ironically I had cut my fabric the wrong way and wondered what to do with it.  I went through Regency images for inspiration and came across Jane Bennett's dress.  I thought it was a pretty dress and so it was born!
 
Until next time:  Don't anger nice people.  They can become the scariest you-know-what's when provoked.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danbury Mint Titanic "Rose" doll: a review

My review of the Franklin Mint flying Rose doll