I've been wanting to try some new art and have been working on some art nouveau stuff.  Once I'm done with some examples I'll start offering custom art nouveau works on my Etsy page.


I've also photographed some 1860's costumes that were drafted from real photographs.  My dress form doesn't have the same measurements I do so the fit isn't very good.  I'm going to get some stretchy fabric and some quilt batting to fix that.


I jokingly call this one my "boarding dress."  A semi-hobble skirt was easier to walk in than I thought it was.  Guess I don't walk in as big strides as I thought I did.


I'm also working on the Titanic boarding suit and a dress that may have been the inspiration for the boarding suit.  The first one will be made from dark gold satin with brown trim.  I may go back and make one with stripes next.


All the dresses are available on my Etsy page!  I custom make blouses so don't be afraid to ask if you want a copy of the two you see.

Until next time:  Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it--Unknown, but funny!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danbury Mint Titanic "Rose" doll: a review

My review of the Franklin Mint flying Rose doll

A League of Their Own costume Hallowe'en costume, Part Two: Mockup