Lots of new stuff!

I've completed two Civil War era dresses as well as two Edwardian style dresses, and one 1918 style blouse.  The blouse is surprisingly comfortable once you get used to the fabric belt it has.  I'm thinking of making a less formal version for day-to-day wear.

We finally got enough of a break in the weather for a few photos.  Good thing too, because the moment we finished with photos it started raining again!
Doing the reform dresser thing...no corset or hoops.  I designed this one to be worn out and about for general reenacting.  Many reenactment places won't allow you to wear hoops because of the fire hazard.  In the time hoops were popular they were regularly catching fire and newspapers even reported on it! 

I still want to do the bloomer girl thing sometime.  That'd be fun to do and it is historically accurate.  There was a colony back then where women wore short skirts over their pants as well as photos of women doing it in general.

My original was a commission piece of a circa 1911 tea dress.  I liked the design so much I wanted to make one for myself.  The fabric I used is vintage though I have no idea how old it is.  Mom had it in her collection.

The cat at my feet is Bill, enjoying some out time before it started raining again.

For the other Civil War era, Edwardian era, and my blouse please check out my FaceBook Edwardian Girl page as well as Etsy as I've uploaded them all to there.

Today is the one year anniversary of Mom's death.  It doesn't feel like it's been a year really.  I suppose it never does to anyone.  The only real good thing is you can only go through a one year anniversary of something once.

Until next time:  Linkara's video on a Superman comic really brought me out of a gloomy mood.  'Tis funny.  http://atopfourthwall.blogspot.com/2012/12/supermans-christmas-adventure.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danbury Mint Titanic "Rose" doll: a review

My review of the Franklin Mint flying Rose doll