Two adopted kittens that were abandoned

Today I picked up two abandoned kittens. The lady who runs the local coffee shop said she saw someone dump them and take off.

I had to go to the store today to pick up some milk and other odds and ends. With it being close to 100 degrees F and it supposed to be getting to 106 degrees F there was no way I was walking that mile to and back.

I was able to park near the store front and was going to the enterance when I heard something that I first thought was a bizzare bird call. The birds have been most vocal lately in their songs and "chats" with one another. Ignoring it I then heard a second cry and then a third. That caught my attention as it sounded like a kitten.

Turning around I saw part of a kitten body sticking out from under an ice machine.

As I came closer it shrieked again and ducked underneath the machine. I had to get down on my hands and knees to see where it had gone. To my surprise it wasn't one kitten but two!

Sighing I said, "Oh, boy" and tried to catch them.

Catching them was a challenge. The moment I had one the other escaped! This routeen also made me look like an insane person as I chased around a person's car, one kitten in one arm, and calling for the other as I played a bizzare game of hide-and-go-seek. After about three to five minutes of this I was able to catch the other one.

Not knowing what else to do I took the beasties home. Not having a cat carrier in the car I put them in the passenger's side and drove home carefully. The smaller of the two hid under the seat and the larger decided to show her bravery and climbed all over the back seat.

I've got them home and got them fed. My parents should be coming home tomorrow so we'll see what happens. Dad's boss might take one of them but we don't know yet.

If we keep them getting them their shots and getting them fixed will put a serious bind on the finances but I couldn't leave them there to die.

At first they both hissed and spat at me out of fear.  Now that they're safe inside they've relaxed greatly.  The two of them have got loud purr motors and the smaller of the two has decided he likes belly scritches.  They both have some rag doll in them and are quite mellow.  They're healthy and frisky.

If we keep them we'll need to think of good names for them too. I believe one is a boy and the other a girl.  Any money I make from my shop will go to getting them fixed and getting them their shots.

Comments

  1. Awww... such cuties! I have two cats as well that I rescued- rescued pets are the best, they know they have a good and loving home and show their appreciation :) I hope you were able to keep them!

    Your newest follower,
    Laurie

    createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Danbury Mint Titanic "Rose" doll: a review

My review of the Franklin Mint flying Rose doll