Remembering "The Wizard of Oz"

The Wizard of Oz was my favorite childhood movie. Even at the young age of nine I knew I wanted to dress up as Dorothy Gale for Hallowe’en.

Though my dress was a gingham sun dress with a white blouse I felt beautiful. There was a boy in my class named Matthew who liked to make the girls scream. As I stood in my costume he ran up to me dressed as a highwayman, grabbed my braids, and kissed me. The girls screamed and he ran away disappearing into a crowd of costumed characters.

Wearing my new Dorothy dress reminds me of those days gone by.

Can you guess who this is?
It's Billie Burke!  Isn't she beautiful?  It's hard to believe the woman who played Glinda was fifty-five when she took on the role.

I completed my Wizard of Oz costume yesterday and was able to take pictures today.





http://www.etsy.com/listing/73827348/custom-made-dorothy-gale-dress

Until next time:  Dorothy, lend me your ruby slippers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danbury Mint Titanic "Rose" doll: a review

My review of the Franklin Mint flying Rose doll

A League of Their Own costume Hallowe'en costume, Part Two: Mockup